[time-nuts] RPi/ beagle bone-like computer without video

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 03:27:35 EST 2016

From: jimlux

> The Raspberry Pi OS includes a free MATLAB licence, as I expect you
> already know.

yes, but

"Note that you cannot install MATLAB as a standalone application or
execute MATLAB code locally on a Raspberry Pi. To develop applications
for the Raspberry Pi to be used in standalone operation, please see the
Raspberry Pi Support from Simulink®."

and of course, we're not using Simulink
====================

There's always a catch, isn't there!  Perhaps this helps?

  https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=153608

"The open source "Octave" package is a Matlab clone and is the Raspbian
repository. We've run a large base of Matlab code on Linux Octave with
little or no change. One significant catch is that the version in the
Raspian repository is 3.x which does not have the graphical IDE enabled by
default as do the 4.x versions. The later can be built on RPi (512k or
better versions) by following the procedure in the Octave Wiki.
(https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/)"

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu