[time-nuts] Switching regulator replacement for 7805

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Dec 4 15:22:05 EST 2016

Hi

The most common thing to miss on decoupling a switcher is that both the output
*and* the input will generate crud that sprays all over the place. Series L on both
the input and output are a really good idea. Microhenry (as opposed to milihenry)
chokes are generally good enough. Values are dictated more by board space than
anything else. 22 uH is not a bad starting point. A SRF above 3 MHz would be a
good idea :)

Bob