[time-nuts] New stuff in my Tindie store

Wes wes at triconet.org
Tue Dec 27 09:18:03 EST 2016

Most of the citizens of the state of Arizona are smart enough to know that you
can't actually save any daylight with daylight savings time.  Hence, we remain
on Mountain Standard Time.

The Navajo Indian Nation, whose territory spans parts of three states, including
northeast AZ, decided to use DST.  However, the Hopi Nation, whose territory is
entirely within the Arizona portion of the Navajo Nation, stays on MST.

The polygamist Mormon town of Colorado City, Arizona and Hildale, Utah is
literally bisected by the state line.  Utah observes MDT so part of the town is
MDT and the other part is MST.  I reality, it's my understanding that the whole
town uses MDT.

(For such a tiny place, Colorado City has made a lot of news.  It was once known
as Short Creek.)