[time-nuts] HP Z3801 RB fun

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 28 18:22:43 EST 2016

Paul,

We just want to help you with that curiosity, it sounds like a fun
little project. :)

The FRS-C [1] has a range of +/- 1E-9 over 0-5V, so EFC sensitivity is
4E-10/V.

The Z3801A has a range of 5.20E-10 [2] over -5V to +5V [3], so EFC
sensitivity is 5.2E-11/V.

So, it looks like you need to have a gain of 8 and raise the EFC 2.5 V.

Cheers,
Magnus

[1] http://www.to-way.com/tf/frs.pdf

[2] http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/z3801a-efc/