[time-nuts] Measuring sidereal/solar time? Re: A Leap Second is coming

Ilia Platone info at iliaplatone.com
Fri Dec 30 12:53:28 EST 2016

Brooke,

The problem in radio ground observation can be resolution accuracy, but
there's also a good transmission into far infrared wavelengths, which
could require smaller dishes to get stellar images. The problem of far
IR is the cost of right filters/sensor, which are a bit difficult to find.

Radio objects, on the other hand, can be solved using an interferometer:
LOFAR interferometers work at frequencies higher than 10MHz, frequencies
totally transparent to the atmosphere and easily computable even by
consumer PCs. There is some work done with common PCs using two RTL-SDR
dongles and two satellite dishes.

see http://www.sbrac.org/files/DTP_RX.pdf

Best Regards,

Ilia.