[time-nuts] TS2100: Upgrading oscillator?

Robert Watzlavick rocket at watzlavick.com
Sat Dec 31 10:17:50 EST 2016

Bruce,
Check out the archives around 3/2011 and 6/2015 for some discussions
about upgrading the TS2100 to an OCXO.  Gerhard Wittreich's post on
6/6/2015 describes the process.  Greg Dowd from Symmetricom added quite
a good bit of info to the discussion in 2011 so be sure to check out
those messages too.  The intended OCXO is an MTI 240-0530-D (see
attached pic) but is a custom part.  It was not available when I
upgraded my unit so I used a different OCXO that I put on a small
perfboard and wired in. There were some available on eBay last year but
now they're gone. The EFC range is 0-6V but I believe the onboard DAC
only drives it from 0.5 to 4.5V.  The OCXO datasheet is available on
Manuals section of the KO4BB site.

-Bob