[time-nuts] Z3801A sending invalid date

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 31 14:36:39 EST 2016

My Z3801A just started sending an invalid date in the "T2" format time code message (which is its default format).  It says the date is 2017/01/00 and Lady Heather rejects the data and the clock stops updating.

My receiver went into rollover last August and I manually set the date which cured the rollover.  Not sure if that is what is causing the problem... probably not since the "F1" time code format works.

If you just started seeing the problem,  a way around it is to switch the time code to "F1" format.  From Lady Heather type in "!u"  (without the quotes)  This will prompt  you for a user command to send to the receiver (you can also do this from a terminal program or Lady Heather's built in terminal emulator).   Next enter the command (without the quotes):

   ":PTIM:TCOD:FORM F1"