[time-nuts] DirecTV question in regards to leap second

Chris Waldrup kd4pbj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 21:47:24 EST 2016

Hi,

I noticed something interesting tonight. Right after I took the leap second photos out in my workshop I came inside to show the photos to my wife and son.
My wife was in the living room yelling at the TV, apparently the hockey game she was watching was messing up and the audio was dropping out repeatedly every second or two. The words we were hearing didn't match the commentators lips.
Resetting the DirecTV receiver power fixed the problem, but she said it happened about the same time I was out watching my Thunderbolt laptop.
Maybe the leap second affected our receiver?
Did anyone else happen to notice this?
Thanks.

Chris
KD4PBJ