[time-nuts] Z3801 Update with VP-Oncore 8Ch receiver

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Mon Feb 8 10:17:05 EST 2016

So far it seems one can 'drop in' a 8 channel module and it will as a
minimum
been seen as a 6 channel.

Once I can come up with a reliable and safe way to ship, antistatic and
minimal
crushability, and a less time consuming way of getting the module out of
the old surveying hand held I'll make some of them available to the list
members
for say $5 each + shipping to cover the cost of taking the handheld apart,
packaging (looking around $1-2). I'll also figure out the shipping for a
complete
handheld minus the battery pack which I don't have any for those that like
take things apart. About the only thing is a magnetic mount antenna, the LCD
panel was custom although is just the usual Hitachi chip set.

Maybe a couple months from now, got a lot of other stuff going.

There is also a long shot some more of the choke rings antennas maybe found,
if so, I'll make them available for the same price I did before.

-pete