[time-nuts] Seeking HP 3561A schematic diagrams

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Fri Feb 12 15:33:57 EST 2016

On 2/12/2016 11:28 AM, Charles Steinmetz wrote:
> I'm helping a colleague resurrect a hard-luck HP 3048A phase noise
> measurement system.  In particular, he asked me to help get the 3561A
> dynamic signal analyzer working again.  I downloaded Volume 1 of the
> service manual from Keysight, which contains Sections I through VI but
> does not contain Section VII (schematics and service information).  I
> suspect that Section VII is Volume 2 of the manual, but do not know
> for sure.

Vol 2 does indeed contain all the schematics and is about 2 inches thick
with a lot of oversized fold outs, it will not be an easy one to
scan...  There is also an operating manual.  Have you asked Dave at
Artek, he might have one in the pending pile?
> (I'm not sure if there are any hardware differences between "regular"
> 3561As and the ones supplied as part of the 3048A system.  I'm pretty
> sure the faults [at least the major ones] lie in the basic hardware,
> so I don't think we need schematics particular to the 3048A if there
> are differences.)

The 3048 system uses a standard (working!) 3561A.  There are no
differences.  I don't think the optional extra memory is required either.

Dan