[time-nuts] LIGO detects gravitational waves

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 12:33:07 EST 2016

I've been wondering if this would ever happen in our lifetime.  The
detector is good but still it requires such a huge and rare event to be
detectable as two black holes crashing into each other.  How often does
that happen?  Are black hole ever formed in pairs, if not a crash would be
very unlikely.  Is this a case of unbelievable luck or is this an every few
years event?     I guess we will find out

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 8:00 AM, Tom Van Baak <tvb at leapsecond.com> wrote:

> From the live stream (https://youtu.be/c7293kAiPZw)
> Announced a couple of minutes ago
> Screen captures attached
> The ultimate time nuts relativity experiment...
>
> /tvb

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California