[time-nuts] MTI 260-0624-D OCXO

timenut at metachaos.net timenut at metachaos.net
Tue Feb 16 19:58:21 EST 2016

I just received a 5Mhz OCXO from eBay (MTI 260-0624-D OCXO). After testing it,
it is clear that it is defective.

   1. It never heats up.

   2. The reference voltage is zero.

   3. Only noise is seen on the output pin.

I tested with a 12.54V, 2A supply voltage with around 30mV noise. That should
be sufficient to test.

All I was looking for was a 5Mhz signal whose frequency changed when the
adjustment pin was either tied to ground or the reference voltage. Never got
that far because I never go a signal at all.

The seller packed it well and shipped it promptly. I will see how he handles
it.

Mike