[time-nuts] HP8648 Series

Sam Reaves sam.reaves at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 21:07:43 EST 2016

Hello,
I have posted questions about the HP8748A/B/C/D series of RF generators on
the Keysight
forum and also on the HP/Agilent group but the answers have been slim. So I
am wondering
if there is anyone from HP on the group that worked on these units or knows
someone who did.

I have a unit that a resurrected (8648C) that had a bad battery and a bad
A10 module. It appears  that
the unit is in calibration but when I turn the RF on the display on the
bottom right switches from RF OFF to
PULSE. The unit does not have the pulse option installed and is not
indicated that there ever was on on the \
instrument option label.

I have the service manual and there is a rather lengthy method to run
Windoze based software to report the
installed options but if I read the manual correctly any change to the
option list (if you write the data back) clears
the calibration data requiring a complete re-calibration of the instrument,
something I would rather not do.

So if anyone out there has any hacks out there to fix this I would greatly
appreciate any info.

Sam
W3OHM