[time-nuts] MTI 260-0624-D OCXO

Don@True-Cal truecalservices at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:50:58 EST 2016

It always helps to know a little about the specific design of the temp control circuit but let's say counter clockwise CCW reduces the internal oven temp. This can be confirmed by letting the temp and frequency stabilize. Using a counter with good resolution monitoring the output frequency, turn the pot CCW several turns and the frequency should slowly decrease a few cycles (typically positive temp coefficient) as the oven cools. Now slowly turn the pot CW about 1/2 turn on each increment watching the frequency slowly increase due to the internal crystal oven slowly getting hotter. Eventually, the frequency will peak and further CW turning of the pot will start to lower the frequency. That's why it called the turn-over temperature. Now set the pot in the middle of two equal frequency points on either side of the frequency peak. Hopefully you will see a broad frequency peak allowing for a little more margin in the oven temperature. All you need to monitor is the output frequency. This process can be a little faster if you have some type of external analog oven temperature indication but it not necessary.

Don