[time-nuts] MTI 260-0624-D OCXO

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Feb 21 08:26:03 EST 2016

Hi

On an entirely different project, I happened to get diverted over to “ZVS modules”.
They are the guts of an induction heater and are dirt cheap (as in less than the price
of the OCXO). More or less, it’s the 3’ rack cabinet from 1935 done as solid state for
$10 to $50.

If you had several parts to open, I suspect you could rig up a very nice custom “can opener”
for not a lot of money.

I have no idea how well these modules work or if they need liquid nitrogen cooling to operate
for more than 100 ms. It does look interesting.

Bob