[time-nuts] Z3801A holdover

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Wed Feb 24 23:37:17 EST 2016

I just took a look at my Z3801A that has been in holdover for some
time. I have been too busy to do anything about it until now.

Before looking at the receiver stats just now, my first guess was that
the Oncore GPS board went bad. However, I see that it is currently
tracking 4 sats. I also see that the 1pps is invalid. Does this still
point to a failed Oncore board?

Attached is a screenshot showing the receiver stats.

I will open this thing up over the weekend to check voltages and such.
Until then, any tips on where to look are appreciated.

Joe Gray
W5JG