[time-nuts] MV89A / MTI-260 / HP10811 carrier board

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 14:06:59 EST 2016

Hi, looks quite useful!
What's the benefit of the Xilinx CPLD (2-3 dollars/euro) over a PICDIV (<1
dollar/euro) ?
Sync-input for the PPS-output would be useful. Also a PPS LED that blinks.
If the PPS-divider is directly under the OCXO it will get more or less warm
- could that be a problem?

What's the idea with the mixer/DIY-PLL? Did you look at PLL-chips instead?
Would it make sense to have the time-constant for the PLL-loop adjustable
with jumpers or a pot? Lock-indicator LED?

Could the board be 100mm wide with all the connections on one 100mm side,
to allow vertical rack-mounting ('plug-in' unit) in a 3U enclosure?

here's a link to a similar-ish board, for comparison/inspiration:
http://www.qsl.net/bi7lnq/distribution_amp/v1.5/10M_distributor.pdf

cheers,

Anders
PS. use Kicad for your next OSHW design! ;)