[time-nuts] PRS10 C900 replacement

davidh dhooke at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 06:52:51 EST 2016

Hi All,

I used the TAP225K035SRW, from Mouser, and have the PRS10 running again.
In the process of pulling it apart I managed to break one of the glass
thermistors (Mouser replacement from US Sensor, part number 104JG1F). Doh.

Whether it was the lamp temperature change (thermistor) or mechanical
alignment now being a bit different, the frequency moved by about
300E-12 (measured by locking to my GPSDO 1PPS and comparing old to new
"SF" values).

I've also added a cooling fan so the base plate is now below 40dC. I
guess that could also affect the frequency.

Cheers,

david