[time-nuts] Lady Heather Server On Raspberry Pi 2 Model B?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 10 19:31:26 EST 2016

> I wonder if I've got anywhere near the skills to do it...
Probably not right now...  it's not so much as knowing C,  it's knowing the ins and out of knowing how your operating system (Windows, Linux, etc) interfaces with your hardware (display, mouse, serial port, keyboard).   Basically, if you have to ask the question,  your are probably not ready to attempt the task.
Lady Heather is a pretty simple program,  but it is rather long and divided into 5 files.  Just getting set up to compile it in a new environment can be quite a challenge to the un-initiated (acouple of toupees worth of hair pulling once you can compile and link a simple "hello world" program.
Then you need to figure out how to draw dots and characters,  talk to the serial port,  talk to the mouse, talk to the keyboard.   Pretty basic stuff once you are familiar with your operating system/environment,  but not something most people do everyday...