[time-nuts] Lady Heather Server On Raspberry Pi 2 Model B?

Mike George mgeorge at tuffmail.us
Tue Jan 12 09:40:04 EST 2016

Ed:

A few recommendations for troubleshooting.

In /etc/ser2net.conf comment out the 4 default lines (/dev/ttyS0-3)
so that the line Nick provided is the only config present.

Stop ser2net:
      /etc/init.d/ser2net stop
then restart:
      /etc/init.d/ser2net start

Make sure ser2net is running:
      ps -ef | grep ser2net

If not, tail /var/log/syslog and see if any errors were reported on
statrtup.
Normally you just see a single line reporting successful startup.

If it is running , make sure it is listening on the socket you specified
(3200):
    netstat -tln | grep 3200

you should see a line with 0.0.0.0:3200 under local address

There is additional troubleshooting you can do depending on results
of above steps.

Good luck.

Mike