[time-nuts] LAST CALL for Symmetricom 58532A antennas

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jan 19 21:06:49 EST 2016

Hi

Ok…at least part of the answers:

> On Jan 19, 2016, at 12:57 PM, Artek Manuals <manuals at artekmanuals.com> wrote:
>
> Since I have been out of this loop for many years
>
> What is the "advantage" of one of these antennas over a common turnstile with a short feed line

1) They have the antenna end LNA that a modern receiver expects to see at the antenna.
2) They have at least some filtering to protect against out of band signals
3) They are shaped so birds are less likely to nest on them
4) They are small enough that they don’t stand out much
5) They are reasonably weatherproof as well as standing up to temperature and UV
6) Their directional pattern is somewhat better than a turnstile for GPS

Bob