[time-nuts] HP Equipment Running Hot as Heck...

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Jan 27 23:34:30 EST 2016

Vintage HP equipment often had HP made power transformers,
which ran all the time whether the equipment was on or off.
The core loss while idling could be fairly high.  The
core was usually just below saturation, so that if the
power switch was on 100V, it would really get hot.

There was some logic analyzer model that HP engineers
referred to as the "logic furnace" because it ran
so hot.

Rick Karlquist N6RK