[time-nuts] GPS jumps of -13.7 us?

NeT MonK netmonk at netmonk.org
Fri Jan 29 02:32:35 EST 2016

Le 27 janv. 2016 18:04, "Martin Burnicki" <martin.burnicki at burnicki.net> a
écrit :

> Magnus Danielson wrote:
> > Hi,

Good morning,

I have subscribed to this list following this incident as far as it was the
first of the few results of search in Google for three days ago.

On my linux platform of hundreds serveurs,  I had incident because of this,
on servers which only  use of ptp.
I have two sources grand master clock one I control (a meinberg appliance)
and act as passive and the second is just a Cisco relaying the ptp stream
from the market.

As a side effect of those glitch in the GPS matrix, the utc_valid_flag was
not anymore set in the stream of the primary master clock, just before my
secondary starts to become active (loss of primary stream) which leads to
linux server  ptp slave to readjust of +36 seconds and jump backward -36
seconds as far as the flags was coming back.

Am I the only one who suffered the loss of the utc_valid_flag in ptp stream
? And what appliance would behave like this ? As far I can tell my
secondary meinberg appliance aside a few oscillator recalibration message
in the console log behaved very nicely.

But I have no view of the primary master source and kind of hardware they
use.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

--
Netmonk