[time-nuts] moon bounce for synchronization

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 30 14:19:27 EST 2016

On 1/30/16 10:43 AM, Jeremy Nichols wrote:
> Ooh! Ooh! Not only a 5245 with a 5265 voltmeter plug-in but a 5360
> Computing Pig! Great picture, thanks for posting it.
>
> Jeremy
> N6WFO

I like how none of the push buttons in the panel below the counters have
labels, either on the faceplate or on the button themselves.

I'll see if I can track down more info. That handsome devil of an
engineer in the picture probably still works at the lab (albeit with
gray or no hair).  Heck, the rack with the instruments is probably still
out at Goldstone and being used.  It's old enough that it doesn't have
the new inventory barcodes on it, though.

I just checked, and there are no pieces of property with the 5360 in the
model number.  So that piece of gear may have been excessed.

There are, however, 3 of the 5245 counters around, and judging from the
location codes, I think they're still out at the DSN sites or similar.
No 5265s in the database, but they may not have been separately
inventoried.