[time-nuts] Visiting Greenwich

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jul 5 02:16:00 EDT 2016

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 19:01:45 -0700
Bob <bob at marinelli.org> wrote:

> but also to Bletchley Park (just a short train ride outside London) and
> Bletchley Park was easily the most memorable.  There are wonderful volunteer
> guides, and many interesting devices that you can get up close to.
> Bletchley was more like visiting a working lab than a museum.  I think every
> time nut would enjoy Bletchley quite a bit.
>
> https://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/ <https://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/>

I wouldn't call it a "short train ride outside London", but then,
I'm used to Swiss distances :-)

If you go to the Bletchley Park, also visit The National Museum of Computing
which is at the back of Bletchley Park ( http://www.tnmoc.org ). It's
a volunteer operated museum with lots of old computers. They also have
a working Colossus and a WITCH on display. If you talk to one of the
staff, he might show you the box with all the old crystals they have
collected and don't know what to do with :-)

				Attila Kinali

--
Malek's Law:
        Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.