[time-nuts] OXCO Spurious Output at Line Frequencies

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:38:37 EDT 2016

A friend on mine once worked on  projects to build very sensitive magnetometers (submarine detection and space probes).  Their test lab was in the middle of a square mile of land selected for its low magnetic residue properties.   The building was made completely (of carefully selected) wood... no nails, etc.   Everything that went into the construction was scanned.

You had to hike into or be ferried into the lab... no cars allowed anywhere near the place.   You also had to wear specially selected clothes (no metallic fasteners, residue, dyes, etc).   No metal eyeglasses, etc allowed.   No wallets (credit cards) or currency allowed (magnetic ink,  the things could detect a dollar bill across the room).  No amalgam dental fillings or medical implants allowed.  I always wondered how they allowed any test equipment, electricity, etc into the place...