[time-nuts] HP5370 power supply measurements

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Jul 15 16:22:34 EDT 2016

--------

>The fact remains that there are some very quiet equipment fans besides the
>little muffins that sound like drones lifting off.

Yes, there are absolutely big differences between fans of same
physical footprint.

But most of the "so quiet we had to break the laws of nature" fans
aimed at the PC market don't do anything like that, and it would
be a big mistake to use such a fan to replace the HP5370 fan, where
a significant pressure is required.

For attaching to the cooling fins to get some air moving, they're
fine however.