[time-nuts] HP5370 power supply measurements

Tommy Phone tholmes at woh.rr.com
Fri Jul 15 16:25:36 EDT 2016

Some thirty years ago fans for automotive radiator cooling were designed with 7 unevenly spaced blades to reduce the siren effect yet yield comparable air flow. Careful layout and blade sweep back along with an annular ring made it entirely feasible to have a statically and dynamically balanced fan as it came out of the mold. I always wondered why the folks who make these little fans can't figure out how to do that. Maybe getting comparable CFM from a much smaller fan violates some Reynolds number requirement for turbulence control.

From Tom Holmes, N8ZM