[time-nuts] GPS for Nixie Clock

John Swenson johnswenson1 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 17:25:58 EDT 2016

As I mentioned in a previous post, this Nixie retrofit is not about
"good enough", it is a learning experience for me to understand the ins
and outs of GPS based time, so it is going to do all kinds of things
that are not NEEDED but that is the fun of the project.

I'm also looking into designing my own patch antennas to get the best
sensitivity in the restricted confines of the block of wood, yet
something else to learn about.

That's what this is all about.

I yes I probably will do an FPGA controlled PLL for the fun of it (I
have done that before).

John S.