[time-nuts] GPS message jitter (was GPS for Nixie Clock)

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 16 15:13:22 EDT 2016

I just added some code to Lady Heather to record and plot the time that the timing message arrived from the receiver (well, actually the time that the screen update routine was called,  maybe a few microseconds difference).    I am using my existing GetMsec() routine which on Windoze actually has around a 16 msec granularity.  The Linux version uses the Linux nanosecond clock (divided down to msec resolution).  I just started testing it on a Ublox 8M in NMEA and binary message mode...  really surprising results to come shortly...