[time-nuts] GPS message jitter (preliminary results)

albertson.chris at gmail.com albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 22:48:41 EDT 2016

To answer about how they get good timing. Many times you run a loop that runs off a timer at say exact 1000 times per second. Having something like a 1KHz loop gives very deterministic timing. Lots of ways to do it. One is to run some RTOS. I had to make all the axis of a machine tool move at exact timing to cut a curve. Not hard just have decide to do it. I'm sure most engineers looked at the NMEA spec and read "with the second" and stopped at that.