[time-nuts] Leap second to be introduced at midnight UTC December 31 this year

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jul 21 05:23:24 EDT 2016

noah.robin at gmail.com said:
> Discovered that my commercial GPS appliances opted to *apply* yesterday's
> pending leap second, which has made for an interesting day.

Could you please say more?

How are you working around it?

Vendor?  Model?  Can you take the cover off (or peer in through the vents)
and see what type of GPS receiver they are using?

I assume the gear is recent or the problem would have been discovered the
last time we had a leap second.  Have you contacted the vendor?  Have they
confirmed the problem?  Any estimate on when they will ship new firmware?

Has anybody else noticed the problem?  (I tried google news and NANOG but
didn't find anything.)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.