[time-nuts] Leap second to be introduced at midnight UTC December 31 this year

Noah noah.robin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:02:28 EDT 2016

> On Jul 21, 2016, at 5:23 AM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
>

> noah.robin at gmail.com said:
>> Discovered that my commercial GPS appliances opted to *apply* yesterday's
>> pending leap second, which has made for an interesting day.
>
> Could you please say more?
>
> How are you working around it?
>
> Vendor?  Model?  Can you take the cover off (or peer in through the vents)
> and see what type of GPS receiver they are using?

In earlier email.

> I assume the gear is recent or the problem would have been discovered the
> last time we had a leap second.  Have you contacted the vendor?  Have they
> confirmed the problem?  Any estimate on when they will ship new firmware?

We just finished replacing our previous gear with this a week ago; timing is everything. :)  Vendor was contacted yesterday and have supplied a patch this morning to reduce the GPS->UTC offset back to 17 until they get a more permanent fix from Trimble. I've not installed it yet, but the vendor states the patch won't persist across reboots.

--n