[time-nuts] Venus838LPx-T opinions?

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sat Jul 23 02:40:21 EDT 2016

Mark wrote:

> Oh, and besides the lack of a binary message with satellite position/signal levels,  there is none that reports the sawtooth error.

How in the world can they call it a "timing receiver" if it doesn't even
support sawtooth correction??  Good grief.

Also, I see they claim 6nS accuracy.  That is pretty much exactly 1/2
cycle of the main clock frequency, so +/- 6nS should be the expected
theoretical best possible error envelope WRT the quantization error,
*assuming the receiver's timing solution is always perfect.*  Are we
supposed to believe they achieve that accuracy in practice, despite all
of the well-known sources of error in GPS timing solutions??

Best regards,

Charles