[time-nuts] [LEAPSECS] Leap second to be introduced at midnight UTC December 31 this year

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:57:04 EDT 2016

Apple's new file system timestamps files with nanosecond resolution.   A lot of Linux file systems also do that now.   The nanosecond ain't what it used to be...  I can imagine people wanting picosecond timestamps in the near future.  Who knows,  maybe we'll have something like NTP compensating for light-speed delay for the gap between the read/write heads and disk surface (assuming we still use heads and surfaces)  ; -)