[time-nuts] Goodie for British Timenuts!!!

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Tue Jun 7 15:22:27 EDT 2016

On 6/7/2016 10:38 AM, cdelect at juno.com wrote:
> RACAL MA259 FREQUENCY STANDARD FROM 1965
>
> Looks neat!!!!

Corby,

Internally they're a rebadged Sulzer more or less.  There's been one for
sale on eBay in the US for years, literally, at the somewhat ridiculous
price of over $3,000.

item:
252399450511

only now slightly reduced!

One might wonder what state the 21 NiCads are in after all those years
:^)  And I couldn't sell my Sulzer for $50 at the swap meet, and that
had new NiCads.

They are remarkably stable if my Sulzer is anything to go by, and it has
a lovely mechanical fine frequency adjustment behind that multi turn dial.