[time-nuts] 3120A issues

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Jun 19 04:46:21 EDT 2016

It almost sounds like something has been found not to be ROHS compliant.Could be as simple as the alodined (conventional process uses hexavalent chromium ) case or perhaps a non ROHS part was used.
Bruce

    On Sunday, 19 June 2016 8:02 PM, John Miles <john at miles.io> wrote:

 > On 6/18/16 6:17 PM, Tom Knox wrote:
> > Does anyone have any insight as to why Microsemi has stopped shipping
> 3120A Phase Noise test sets  beside that they are not to spec?
> >
> They're shipping them.. I got quoted a 12 week delivery in April, $9k
> for the box, about $12k-15k for the software, although I find that the
> Microsemi site doesn't really explain what the various software options are.

Briefly --

'Signal Statistics' = you can display the non-ADEV deviation types (MDEV, HDEV, TDEV) and enable the various integrated noise/jitter options for display in the legend table below the plot

'AM Noise' = you can enable AM noise measurements in the acquisition dialog

'Frequency Counter' = you can display the high-precision frequency-count chart alongside a Frequency Difference plot

'Mask Test' = you can display pass/fail status and margin values in the legend table below the plot.  Mask limit lines can be displayed on the plot without this option, but the program won't evaluate them (or allow automated test scripts to access them) without it.

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC