[time-nuts] OT stuffing boards: was GPS interface/prototyping board

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Jun 23 19:21:42 EDT 2016

Hi

You can indeed get a pick and place for under a thousand dollars. I wold not use one of them, but they do exist. It all depends on how much of an “advantage” you want over a hand place approach. A half way decent screen printer will run $500. Some sort of reflow setup will be a couple hundred. You can go cheap on the printer and get it down to $100 or so. A rebuilt toaster oven will run $20 or less. It all is a matter of how much hassle / how tight pitch you want to deal with.

Bob