[time-nuts] Spectrum Analyzer Specifications

Peter Torry peter.torry at talktalk.net
Wed Mar 23 13:27:19 EDT 2016

Fellow Timenuts,

May I suggest the use of a software defined receiver (SDR) used with
suitable attenuators on its antenna input.  I use a device called
SDRPlay that is low cost, covers 100kHz to 2000MHz, and has a more
sensitivity than most low cost Spectrum analysers.  Used with care the
qualitative display is quite reasonable and compares well with my main
analyser the only drawback being the  limited display width of 8MHz.  It
would then leave more resources to purchase the important equipment.

Regards

Peter Torry