[time-nuts] Capturing a 1PPS signal with a Keysight 53230A

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon May 2 14:12:28 EDT 2016

> * DC
> * 50Ohm
> * Bandwidth filter enabled

DC and 50R is ok. I would not use the filter; you want the fastest edge possible.

You forgot to mention the most important setting of all - the trigger voltage. Check the signal at your inputs with a 'scope. I typically use 1.0 VDC, unless the 'scope suggests otherwise.

You should expect a risetime of a few ns. If it's a lot more something's wrong and it will affect your ublox vs. Rb conclusions.

/tvb