[time-nuts] GPS position

Wes wes at triconet.org
Mon May 2 15:49:16 EDT 2016

Nothing to do with time but...

Technically speaking, in surveying a bench mark is a vertical control point.  In
playing with Geocaching I've located bench marks that were placed in the 1930's
and never found again (until I did).  There were often a hundred feet or more
from where the description had them.  (Great fun BTW)

See: https://www.geocaching.com/mark/