[time-nuts] MSF 60KHz Problems?

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Tue May 3 10:15:57 EDT 2016

Is anyone else seeing anthing unusual with the MSF 60KHz signal from
Anthorn?

For the past 24 hours or so, at least, all I've been monitoring here,
approx 100 miles from Anthorn, is what seems to be a much weaker than usual
carrier that's pulsing at significantly faster than once per second. It's  weak
enough that I wondered at first if it  possibly wasn't even MSF but
something else on the same  frequency.

There's no scheduled maintenance in my diary and I haven't been able to
find reference online to any problems, my first concern was that it  might be
an antenna problem but the Anthorn eLoran signals on 100KHz seem to  be
coming in fine on the same antenna.

What's really odd though is that several minutes ago I powered up  an EES
MSF clock from that same antenna feed and this has now  synchronised and is
displaying the correct time.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR