[time-nuts] High rate, high precision/accuracy time interval counter methods

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun May 8 23:35:46 EDT 2016

Another option is to use a low pass filter to increase the transition times of the signal to be timestamped and use a pipelined ADC to sample the filter output.Perhaps something like the attached filter derived from:
http://bears.ucsb.edu/rad/pubs/conference/MTT_S_2004.pdf
May be effective in that it has near Gaussian response with relatively low out of band SWR.

Bruce