[time-nuts] OCXO phase pops

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon May 9 07:42:21 EDT 2016

Hi

The problem with phase pops inside a control loop is that they can come from a lot of places. As
long as the loop is still closed they generally track out. That’s not saying the OCXO is *not* the source,
only that there are other culprits to dig into.

Classic phase pops in an OCXO tend to be wide spaced in time. Since they are also randomly spaced,
that’s not any help with two pops. Sorry about that.

Bob