[time-nuts] HP 105B oscillator

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 03:10:40 EDT 2016

List,
I purchased a HP 105B oscillator on ebay and it arrived today.  Previous to getting it I D/L the manual and brief;y perused it.

So when I popped open the top cover to see the internal parts, what to my wondering eyes appeared Not the A1 module shown in the manual but a 10811 lookalike.
The only information on the oscillator is S/N 3010A59493 and R11215k.
So what do I have?  The next question that comes to mind is the plug in base the same electrical configuration of the 10811? (Being a TN You can see where this is going.)
Leaving out the divide issue for the moment, this would seem to be an ideal test bed for my 10811 oscillators as the 3 in my 5370B's have no EFC adjustment installed and I have another 10811 spare.
I have enough 5370B's and 5335's in which I could put all my 10811's in to *incubate* for months before attempting to tune them.
Also are there upgrades that are practical to add to the present PS for greater stability.  I am going to replace the original screw cap capacitor with a new Nichicon 105C cap.
Thoughts?
Regards,
Perrier