[time-nuts] FS HP 5335A

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Wed May 18 04:14:50 EDT 2016

The HP 5335A born with factory installed option 010 might happen not to have
both the regular crystal and the jumper at all. This is the case of one of
mine.

Antonio I8IOV

it. I think someone may have deliberately disabled the internal timebase to
prevent users from having anything but the house standard in play.

>Tom Holmes, N8ZM

to work with the regulator oscillator.  Page 2-4 of the Operating and Service
Manual (05335-90021) details the instructions for installing the Option 010,
the 10811 OCXO.  Instruction "c" is below.  You'd need to add the jumper back
in.  The factory jumper looks like a resistor.  It may simply be cut with side
cutters on your unit.  You can use just a piece of wire, of course.

>"c. Remove electrical lead (jumper), PIN 8159-0005, that connects A4U1B(6)
and U2B(6)."