[time-nuts] HP5065A environmental sensitivities

James Flynn james.flynn at csun.edu
Wed May 18 13:59:25 EDT 2016

 <DG2OM at ...> writes:

> I also have a weather station at 6 km distance away, which records
barometric pressure at time intervals of
> 10 minutes. Out from these measurements, I divided
> my phase measurements into 10 minute intervals, calculated the 10 min
average frequencies and made a
> linear regression with the 10 minute pressure measurements.
> I got a slope of 3.86E-14/hPa frequency difference versus pressure.

Did you notice or calculate any time delay/offset in the correlation
between your pressure data and the frequency data? That is, anything much
larger than the 10 minute interval of your data, say, on the order of an
hour.

Whether there is a time delay or not may help point to the actual
mechanism causing the frequency change.