[time-nuts] HP5065A environmental sensitivities

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun May 22 03:14:14 EDT 2016

--------
In message <57410D11.8050802 at rubidium.dyndns.org>, Magnus Danielson writes:

>> The C-field circuit in particular. (Yes, I'm still working on it, just not
>> very fast...)
>
>I was actually wondering how that was getting along.

Slowly, we're starting our house-building project now, so I've got a bit
more than usual on my plate.

>When I get the time, it would be fun to improve on things.
>
>Humidity, temperature, pressure, powergrid voltage...

The power-grid thing is solved for all I care, the Traco TEN60 DC/DC provides
a 24V rail stable to within a millivolt for EUR100

	http://phk.freebsd.dk/hacks/HP5065A/20150930_dcdc/index.html

My plan is to design a new A18 containing:

  * Traco TEN60

  * Suitable -24 V DC/DC converter (to replace the one on A15

  * Filtering

  * "ideal-diode" input circuit to choose between AC and DC supplies

    (Currently using: http://www.mini-box.com/Y-PWR-Hot-Swap-Load-Sharing-Controller)

Just need the time to do so...