[time-nuts] HP5065A environmental sensitivities

Angus not.again at btinternet.com
Wed May 25 14:33:44 EDT 2016

Hi Corby,

That was really what I was hoping for from the small Rb's too, but
there appears to be other things at work with them.

I had not really considered that they might be sealed, but it's
something to look at. I had been thinking more about how it was fixed
into the package and with what materials. As well as the normal
component and circuit issues, there are also some deliberate ones like
discrete steps in temp correction which all add to the fun and
confusion.

BTW, if anyone has or knows of any pictures of a teardown of a FRK or
LPRO physics package, I'd be very interested.

Anyway, it's good to see that the 5065A is better behaved - I'm just
more jealous now! I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

Angus.