[time-nuts] New (old) 53132A - Time Interval Delay Arming - question

cfo xnews5 at luna.dyndns.dk
Fri May 27 13:23:29 EDT 2016

Gents i just got a 53132A - Opt 010
Serial	: 3404A00xxx
Fw Rev	: 3403

An old lady w. a 10811 OCXO in it - HP 1994 Unit - Nice bright display.

I noticed in the Prog. manual (pg 17) that this applies to my counter :

***** Snip *****

Agilent 53132A Time Interval Delay Arming

Agilent 53131A and Agilent 53132A Counters with a serial number prefix
below 3646 are identical in their TI arming modes.
Both only offer Time Interval Delay, where the STOP trigger of a time
interval measurement can be delayed by a user-specified time.

***** Snip *****

What am i missing ?? , or what has been added in later hw revs ?

The rest of the "Differences" does not seem to apply ,
as i have Fw Rev: 3403  , not 3402 or earlier.

Upgrading fw:
I have access to the 2010 fw proms -  4613 0738

But can i update my "old counter" ?
I seem to loose my Cal , and i can only do the "simple" TI cal @home.

So i'm not sure i want to do that, if i have to send it to a shop for Cal.

TIA
CFO - Denmark

E-mail:xnews5 at luna.dyndns.dk